Kalkules Scientific Calculator Version History
1.11.1 (Oct 3, 2019)
220.127.116.11 (Nov 7, 2018)
- Added offline differentiation algorithm as fallback in case the online server is down.
- Changed font colors on main window buttons for better contrast and readability.
- Automatically converting calculation result when switching between decimal/fraction mode.
- Exponential form of complex numbers respects angle settings (Deg/Rad/Grad).
- Updated Dutch translation (thanks to Jan Verheijen).
- Warning icon for changed expression wasn’t visible after last redesign.
18.104.22.168 (Jul 11, 2018)
- New modern UI design
- Improved differentiation algorithm from Kalkules Online which returns nicer results (internet connection required)
- All input fields in tool windows react to return key press (recalculate result) (issue 0000101)
- Fixed calculation error when using variables with names containing capital letters (issue 0000105)
- Fixed “range check error” on expressions longer than 255 characters (issue 0000115)
- Hyperbolic cotangent button was inserting wrong text into the expression: “cotanh” instead of correct “coth” (issue 0000064)
- Fixed tab orders of components in rule of three window
22.214.171.124 (Dec 10, 2014)
- Added Turkish translation by Falcon
- Added function exp(x) (equivalent to expression $e^x) (issue 0000002)
- Added logical binary operators and, or, xor (issue 0000051)
- Added these new prefix values which can be used in expression: Zetta, Yotta, Zepto, Yocto (issue 0000059)
- Setting "Insert last result (ANS) and operator" didn't work with some operations (issue 0000050)
- Multi character operators could get mixed up with operands in HEX mode (issue 0000057)
- When using several multi character operators without parentheses, all operators except the first one got confused for a variable. For instance: 10 div 2 mod 2 (issue 0000058)
- Using a specific combination of variable names in the expression caused a calculation error. For instance: a*va/2 (issue 0000060)
- Program crashed when the user tried to insert a prefix value (issue 0000061)
126.96.36.199 (Jul 10, 2014)
- "Insert last result" functionality now works for all operations and functions (bug 0000042).
- Added Spanish translation by Andres Fulco.
- Updated French translation by Pierre-Yves Baumann.
- Switching between numeral systems erased last result (bug 0000037).
- Wrong result of a particular calculation in hexadecimal system (bug 0000041).
- Warning icon visible after performing a calculation in hexadecimal system (bug 0000047).
- "Insert last result" functionality not working when entering operations with pressed shift key (bug 0000048).
188.8.131.52 (Nov 30, 2013)
- Added unit PSI (pressure) into unit converter (bug 0000011)
- Conversion from/into grads in unit converter (bug 0000009)
- Rounding error when converting from kilometers/hour into meters/hour in unit converter (bug 0000008)
- Position of some tools on computers with two or more monitors (bug 0000005)
- Error when evaluating complex expression e^j (bug 0000012)
184.108.40.206 (Jul 14, 2013)
- Error message when evaluating function arccotg and arcotanh.
220.127.116.11 (Jun 2, 2013)
- If the result in any tool is too small to be rounded to the desired number of decimal places, it will be displayed in scientific notation.
- Result in unit converter is formated according to the settings in main program.
- Fixed conversion between units with offsets (like temperature units) in the unit converter.
- Fixed bad conversion from/into Petabytes in unit converter.
18.104.22.168 (May 8, 2013)
- Added Greek translation by Wasilis Mandratzis
- Fixed oposite horizontal/vertical zooming in function graph
- Fixed division on the set of primitive residue classes
- Handled division by zero on the set of primitive residue classes
22.214.171.124 (Apr 6, 2013)
- Updated Russian translation files by Viktor Fyodorov
- Updated French translation files by Pierre-Yves Baumann
- Updated Chinese translation files by Diqiuyi
- Updated Ukrainian translation files by Bonsai
- Updated Dutch translation files and translated manual by Jan Verheijen
- Updated German translation files by Uwe and Christina Reisinger
- Fixed encoding of Russian basic_geometric_formulas.xml
- Fixed broken layout of the main form on computers with increased PPI
- It was possible to enter incorrect input values into the summation tool
- In some cases, changing the programs current settings at runtime changed also the programs default startup settings
126.96.36.199 beta (Feb 27, 2013)
- Added option to enable only one instance of Kalkules
- Added option to automatically close unclosed parentheses in the evaluated expression
- Result values in all tools are formatted the same way as the result on main window (according to settings)
- If an internet connection is available, the latest online manual version will be displayed instead of the offline version
- Added button for clearing all variables in the variable window
- Unit converter is now able to process also conversion between units, which are not in a direct proportion (for instance temperature units)
- Function graphs:
- Added ability to display multiple functions in one coordinate system
- Optimized drawing. Panning the graph with the mouse is now much smoother
- Enlarged width of the vertical scale to make room for displaying longer values
- Expression browser: Added menu item "Open library directory" into the expression tree popup menu
- Optimized window layout in tools Combinatorics, Quadratic equation and Rule of three for better displaying of the result values and error texts, and to make more room for longer translated texts in some languages
- If no valid language is specified in the settings.ini file, the program will try to use a language file according to the users system language
- Added Hungarian translation by Zsolt Nemeth
- Added Ukrainian translation by Bonsai
- Fixed manual file html validity errors in some translations
- When the entered expression was too long to fit in the main window, it was always shown from the start, even if the cursor was at the end.
- Selecting "Report bug/request feature" item from the help menu no longer tries to open the nlift website (because it no longer exists), but opens the Kalkules website contact form instead
188.8.131.52 (Dec 2, 2012)
- Finished Italian translation of new texts, units, and manual by Vittorio
- Improved German translation and finished translation of new features in the German manual by Uwe and Christina
- Updated screenshots in the English manual
- Every calculation with primitive residue classes was causing a calculation error.
184.108.40.206 (Oct 25, 2012)
- Improved English translation
- Improved French translation by Pierre-Yves Baumann
- Finished French translation of the manual by Pierre-Yves Baumann
- In some cases, some constants may not have been substituted correctly
- If the expression contained a constant and a variable with the same name, it caused an evaluation error
- Using dot as a decimal separator did not work with complex numbers (the dot was considered an illegal character)
- When the main window position was set to screen center on a dual monitor computer, it was displayed between the two monitors (or in some cases it wasn't visible at all)
220.127.116.11 (Jan 10, 2012)
- Unit converter:
- Automatic conversion of the input value during editing
- Automatic selection of the first category after units are loaded
- Improved form layout (optimized for resizing)
- Removed Calculate and Close button from the form
- finished French translation of new texts, unit file and license by Pierre-Yves Baumann
- finished Russian translation of new texts, constants and basic geometric formulas by Viktor Fyodorov
- Chineese translation of program texts, basic geometric formulas and unit file by Diqiuyi
- finished German translation of new texts, unit file and manual by Uwe Reisinger
- Modified layout of several forms to match longer texts in some languages
- Invalid memory access when editing a constant
- Function arctanh didn't pass expression control
- Displaying expression change warning icon when the Back button was used
18.104.22.168 beta (Oct 8, 2011)
After the experience with version 1.7 (when several issues were reported shortly after the release), I've decided to release Kalkules 1.8 as the first public beta version, and to release the stable version after all the potential "baby" issues are fixed. Please note that the manual is not up to date yet, and also the translations of new text are not done (except for the English, Slovak, and Czech translation). All that should be done in the final release of version 1.8. If you find some issues, please take a minute to report them. Thanks.
- Added new tools: unit converter and quadratic equation
- New window with basic prefix values, which can be easily inserted into the expression
- Program can remember the state it was in during the last execution(chosen number set, angle mode, precision, and so on)
- New setting window with more available settings:
- what to insert as new expression after evaluating the current expression and inserting an operator
- what to use as a decimal separator (dot, coma, or the operating systems default separator)
- choosing between mathematical and electrotechnical format of complex numbers (5-2i vs. 5-j2)
- programs default state (the state right after start - chosen number set, angle mode, precision, and so on)
- result notation: ordinary (0,02) or exponential (2E-2)
- the evaluation result can be automatically copied to clipboard
- Improved Graph of function
- Added status bar with information about the x and y values on the current cursor position, and also about the functional value in that position
- Default view is not x=0 and y=0 anymore, but it depends on the function value in x=0.
- The whole graph can be easily copied to clipboard or saved to file using the export buttons
- Added new functions that can be used in the expression - gamma, sec, csc
- Factorial can be calculated also from real numbers
- Automatic info about new versions is less annoying. Only a small icon is shown in the bottom right corner of the main form instead of a dialog
- All tools now accept input values also in exponential notation
- Added a warning icon that is shown when you modify the expression, and the result is no longer valid
- When changing the numeral system, also the precision is changed to fit the new numeral system
- The program is by default translated into English (in case the translation file is not found)
- Optimization of GUI memory usage
- Optimization of the evaluation algorithms (expression evaluation is now approximately 14% faster)
- A warning message will be shown in case that you are creating a new library file in the expression browser, and you try to save it in a different folder than the library folder
- Pressing the Esc key in the main window will delete the current expression and result (same as clicking the [C] button)
- The main window couldn't be moved from the main monitor on computers with more then one monitor.
- Invalid memory access, in case that no constant file was found, and you tried to edit the default constants (pi an e)
- Bad file extension in the Expression browsers save to file dialog
- Bad encoding of the "result=" label in the combinatorics tool (it was causing trouble with the Russian translation)
22.214.171.124 (May 21, 2011)
- automatic insertion of "0" before a decimal point when inserting decimal numbers such as 0.5
- incorrect evaluation of inverse goniometric functions (arcsin, arccos,...)
126.96.36.199 (Apr 25, 2011)
- complete Italian translation including manual, constants, and the basic geometric formula library (special thanks belongs to Vittorio Bianco)
- bad main menu encoding was causing display problems in the Russian translation
- in the expression browser, item can't be moved into it's self by drag & drop anymore
188.8.131.52 (Apr 13, 2011)
- inserted constants were causing an error on systems which use "." as decimal separator
184.108.40.206 (Mar 30, 2011)
- automatic insertion of last result, after performing a calculation and inserting an operator
- invalid memory access when changing the main window "always on top" option
- when the expression was ending with $, wrong error message was displayed
220.127.116.11 (Mar 21, 2011)
- added function differentiation
- added expression browser
completely redesigned polynomial tool
- drawing Horner schemes
- polynomials can contain up to 5 variables
- when dividing, polynomials can contain more than 1 variable
- when changing the language, all constants are automatically translated
- in the rule of three tool, the result is displayed in an edit box to make it easy to copy
- the calculation history now contains also the values of the used variables
- more efficient vertical scrolling in the function graph
- when trying to calculate a series summation/product or drawing a function graph with no function entered, an error is displayed
- program understands both goniometric function notations (tg/tan)
- pressing the CE button on the main window will delete the whole number at cursor position
- untranslated save button on the history form
- when changing the language multiple times during one execution, the selected language was not saved correctly